Rightmove, Zoopla and EIG - the leading search portals compared!
In conversation with EIG Managing Director, David Sandeman
I’m often asked; 'What is the difference between our EIG search portal www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk, and sites like Zoopla and Rightmove?'
Firstly, we are the only site in the UK that has got information on virtually every property coming up for sale at auction.
Zoopla and Rightmove do have a wide variety of auctions lots but it is certainly not the complete picture, for instance they generally wouldn’t have tenanted property, ground rent sites and commercial property and all of these are great opportunities for you.
Why the general property search portals are of limited use:
1. Many people use the general portals for the sold house prices side of the site as you can look to see what Land Registry has recorded as sale prices. With auctions however, over 50% of the properties never even make it to the site.
2. Also, the site would not identify properties as auction sales on Rightmove or Zoopla so you wouldn’t know that this is how the property was sold.
3. When a property is offered at auction and doesn't sell, you would want to know what the reserve was as crucially this allows you to understand the potential value of the property based on what’s happened in the past. You won't find this information on any of the general search portals, as only EIG has this depth of information.
How EIG Auction Insight can help...
There are 4 key features of the EIG specialist search portal that give you the best chance of securing a property at auction:
- Instant Updates
- Comprehensive Search Facility
- Auction Elerts
We cover virtually every property auction in the UK and are constantly on the lookout for auctioneers we are not aware of, giving you the best possible coverage of the auction market near you.
We strive to get the lots on our system and out to you as soon as they are released for sale, maximising the time you have to view the lot and do your due diligence.
Comprehensive Search Functionality
Our database search parameters are very detailed allowing you to be quite specific in what you are looking for.
- Detailed location input either by town, postcode etc, or drawing your own area on a map.
- Specify guide price range, specify tenure and tenancy options as well as property type.
- The results you get can be ordered by price and auction date and viewed in list or grid format as well as being displayed on a map.
Should commercial lots be of interest you, one can additionally search by lease end date, vendor (if stated) and well as tenant (if stated).
Finally, and perhaps most importantly you can set up multiple 'Auction Elerts' where you set out the criteria of the lots you are looking for, and the moment a potential match is entered into our database you are notified by email. In addition, as soon as it has been offered we advise you whether it sold, and if so for how much, and if it didn't sell what the 'available at' price is.
This means that for very little effort nothing will come to auction without you knowing about it, and you will see the results of all lots, sold or unsold, that match your criteria.
No other service or website can come close to this.
The Best Way Forward ...
Firstly, you need access to eigpropertyauctions.co.uk, as this is the only site with information on virtually every lot coming to auction and the price achieved for those already offered. In a nutshell, without the knowledge you will get from our website you will be in the dark. You will not have full visibility of what is coming up for sale and you will not know what similar properties have sold for!
To remind you of a famous quotation: "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"!
With access to our site you will have two eyes and not just one!
See what is coming up for sale in your area or what price properties have sold for with our Free Trial offer:
Access the only search portal with information on virtually every lot coming to auction: www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk
- Get access to industry knowledge with full visibility of what is coming up for sale and what similar properties have sold for.
- To arrange your free, no obligation trial: call: 01737 226150, or visit: https://www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk/trials/offer
By Beth Fox